Code creation:Speech evaluator
This is a small, entirely client-side webpage created as a joke. When a text in entered in, using an algorithm described below, it will output a number which is claimed as the "IQ rating" of the text.
The page has a textbox for entering the text. Pressing the "Evaluate" button underneath will trigger an algorithm and output an "IQ rating" in the "Output" section.
When the "Evaluate" button is pressed, if the text box is not empty, an algorithm will be run as follows:
- Calculate the MD5 hash of the text (32 hexadecimal digits).
- Compare the first digit with the 9th, 17th and 25th digits:
- If those 4 digits are the same, the output is "INFINITY". Terminate the algorithm.
- Otherwise, the output will be multiplied by the number of digits which are the same as the first digit. Call this number the multiplier.
- Calculate the total of decimal values of 2nd, 6th, 10th, 14th, 18th, 22nd, 26th and 30th digits.
- Multiply the total with the multiplier. This is the final result.
- Output the result.
The following disclaimer is included in the page:
This is a joke web page. It doesn't actually "evaluate" the speeches. Please never take it seriously. The owner will not be liable to any claim, damage or other problems that arise from the usage of this web page.